Day one. Three weeks ago. I am in the kitchen when I got home from work, taking off my shoes when I see it. I was looking at the clock and above it was a small black spot. I knew exactly what it was, glanced at my husband, Bill, wondering if he caught where I was looking and hoping he didn't.
It was a small baby jumping spider that, I'm guessing, crawled up out of the elephant plant sitting on the stool below that had been outside all summer long.
Had him in a small enclosure for a bit until he accidentally got loose into the abyss that is my crafting room. He disappeared. :(
Fast forward two weeks, where upon my husband, when I got home from work frantically beckoned me to the basement to show me what he'd found. The window down there was covered with plastic film for the cold months to keep cold out, but inside that between the plastic film and the window was a bold jumping spider!
We rescued him, I placed him in an enclosure I had already set up for that day I might get a jumping spider. That day was now.
Two days later, my husband, Bill, texts me at work, "you're never going to guess what I found!" I figured it was the baby sling escapee. I come home and he's caught another jumping spider from the basement at the OTHER window! My poor hubby, who is scared of spiders (not as terrified as he used to be) caught this guy by himself. When I got home, he was in a deli cup, inside a plastic bowl with a jar on top of it. Just in case the spider was super strong and could pop the deli cup lid off 😅
So, to update: Here it is almost May and I still have the two of them, Onyx (the first caught) and Fang the one he caught all on his own.
No comments:
Post a Comment